Mindfulness-based Cognitive TherapyMindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is specifically designed for individuals facing frequent bouts of depression, anxiety or chronic sadness. The therapy is devised by combining the following approaches to healing:
- Philosophies of Cognitive Therapy
- Meditative Practices
- Attitudes Based on the Mindful Cultivation
- Radical acceptance
Mindfulness -based Cognitive Therapy – Is It Effective?In some cases, clients may experience relapse into the state of depression or sadness after recovery. Under such situations, MBCT can help change one’s relationship with the feeling of sadness or other similar negative emotions. Practicing mindfulness-based meditation in combination with other exercises can help tackle this situation. Mindfulness activities are helpful in establishing a balance between one’s neural networks by increasing awareness at metacognitive level.This facilitates one to fully experience thoughts and emotions that cross mind (based on imagination or reality). Mindfulness is not targeted to alter one’s dysfunctional thoughts. Instead, it is aimed at helping individuals experience them as being real yet but separate from oneself. At Heal with Nav- we are trained therapists who can help you in seeing and accepting life as it is.
Mindfulness Based CBT – How it Works?Wondering what Mindfulness Based CBT is?MBCT is part of the ‘latest’ or ‘third wave’ of cognitive-behavioral therapies. The therapy is designed by combining the following to ensure complete recovery:
- Traditional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eastern Buddhist Principles of Mindfulness and Meditation (Radical acceptance) MBCT aims at empowering individuals to develop a new association with their past and present experiences. This strategy helps an individual accept his/her thoughts and feelings as they occur instead of reacting aggressively or negatively to minimize the feeling of distress and discomfort.
Mindfulness Based CBT – Who is a Candidate?Also referred to as MBCT, Mindfulness Based CBT is a medical therapy designed specifically to help individuals overcome emotional and psychological conditions listed below:
- Depression and anxiety
- Food and eating issues
- Low mood and negative thoughts
- Body sensations such as weariness and sluggishness
- Parenting-related stress and anxiety
- Pain management
- Chronic health conditions
Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy at
Navroop Sood is a Mindfulness based, trauma informed, person- centric therapist. She is committed to help clients overcome the issues related to stress, anxiety, depression. Our treatment plan incorporates MBCT. This is done post getting a detailed understanding of client’s situation. The treatment plan also comprises of an agreement related to potential outcomes of therapy with the client.
Heal with Nav in Singapore
Call us to know how MBCT may be helpful or book an appointment for an assessment with a mindfulness-based cognitive therapist.